The Ore Dock called “Cable Ingles” (literally the English Cable) is located on the Almadrabillas beach next to the Levante dock and is linked by a railway bridge to the Train Station. The Ore Dock was built and owned by an English mining company “The Alquife Mines Railway Limited”, which obtained the mining concession in 1901 and immediately started the building process.
The Ore Dock is a masterpiece of the Iron Architecture of the beginning of the XX Century. Building the Cable Ingles was possible due to the existence of the Port and the Railway. The Project was eclectic but it introduced an all new architectural style, using new materials such as iron in the construction of the Ore Dock. The Cable Ingles lies on a beach next to the Port and is linked to the Train Station through a railway bridge.
The Cable Ingles is made up of two parts: the rails that link the Train Station to the Ore Dock and the Loading Pier itself where the trains unloaded directly onto the ships holds. The railway linkage to the Pier is built on semi-circular stone arches fastened to the rails by huge iron beams. In 1998 the Cable Ingles was declared Bien de Interes Cultural (of Spanish Cultural Interest) for its historic, symbolic and aesthetic values
Address: Playa de las Almadrabillas (Almadrabillas beach), 04001 Almeria.