The Central Market is one of the most beautiful examples of industrial architecture of the city of Almeria, combining stone, brick, iron and glass. The building, constructed in 1893, consists of a longitudinal plant is built on a foundation of masonry and stonework, which corresponds to the basement intended initially to alhóndiga and warehouse.
The main floor has a large diaphanous, and chelae fine iron columns supporting a wonderful iron and wood roof which just hinder the vision of the interior.
The front door of the building is located to the west and is built of masonry and brick. This door is formed by a large semicircular arch under a broken ledge serves as a pediment, decorated at its apex with a sculpture of a woman symbolizing the abundance of the interior, surrounded by vases full of fruit. The square marks the spatial environment, formed by streets that bypass the market.